Information You Provide To Us And How We Use It
We collect the information from you as detailed below:
- To access certain areas of our Platform, you will need to register with us. During the registration process you will be asked to submit personal information about yourself (including your name and address, date of birth, e-mail address and telephone number). By entering your details in the fields requested, you enable Swiss Horology to provide you with the services you select;
- When you purchase products online or by phone, we collect information such as your purchase details and relevant payment information. In addition, we will also collect personal information from you when you correspond with us (for example, if you contact us with a query about one of our products or services). Please note that phone calls will on occasion be recorded for security, training and development purposes;
- If you choose to interact with Swiss Horology via a social media platform or other third party service, we will collect the information you have provided to us through that platform;
- We also collect certain information automatically about visitors to our Platform, described in the section headed "Cookies and other information that we automatically collect", below; and
- We will collect information about your location to the extent that we provide any location services, described in the section headed “Location services” below.
We will use the information we collect from you to:
- Provide after-sales services;
- Manage our accounts and records;
- Deal with enquiries and orders;
- Send communications such as newsletters, invoices, and offers.
- Identify products and services we think you might be interested in based on your information, such as your purchase history and your previous interactions with us;
Cookies And Other Information That We Automatically Collect
Protecting Your Information
We want you to feel confident about using our Platform, and we are committed to protecting the personal information we collect. We limit access to personal information about you to employees who reasonably need access to it, to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs. We have appropriate technical and organisational physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect the personal information that you provide to us against unauthorised or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, damage or destruction. However, where we ask you to choose a password in order to access certain parts of our Platform, you are responsible for selecting a secure password and keeping that password confidential. You should choose a password which you do not use on any other site, and you should not share it with anyone else.
Retaining Your Information
We keep your information for only as long as is necessary for our purposes, and in particular to protect ourselves in the event of a legal claim (for example, information relating to a contract with you will be kept for the lifetime of the contract and up to ten years after). After this period it will be deleted or in some cases anonymised. Where we sought your consent to process your personal information and we have no other lawful basis to continue with that processing, if you subsequently withdraw your consent we will delete your personal information.
If you request that we no longer send you direct marketing communications, we will keep a record of your request and contact details to ensure that your request is respected.